Facebook Business Manager – Step by Step Guide
Facebook Business Manager is a tool where you manage all of your Facebook marketing and
If you use Facebook for your business to promote your brand then you should also use the
Facebook business manager. Because, it is an important tool which keeps your Facebook
Business assets Safe, Centralized and Organized.
If you weren’t quite sure how does this business manager page works and putting off setting
up the Facebook Business manager, then you’re on the correct page to understand this in
detail. In 8 simple steps I am going to explain how it works, starting from setting up your
account. In the next blog I will be explaining how to create you first campaign and placing
your first ad.
Firstly, we will know what exactly the Facebook Business Manager?
Basically, it is a place to manage all of your Facebook marketing and advertising activities and
assets. Business manager also serves as a one stop shop to manage all the business tools,
business assets and employee access to these assets
Here are some of its key functional features.
- It keeps your business activities separate from your personal profile, so you don’t have to worry
about posting in the wrong place.
- It helps us to check the detailed reports of the ad. how the ads are performing in
- It allows us to give vendors, partners and agencies access to your pages and ads.
Without handing over the ownership of the assets.
- Co-workers won’t be able to see your personal information of the pages only name,
email-id and pages and ad-accounts.
Now, you might be able to understand why you need to use Facebook Business
- Now let me help you setting up your account.
Step 1: – Create a Facebook Business Manager account
- Go to business.Facebook.com and click the create account button at the top right corner.
- Enter your business name, your name, and the business email address you want to
use to manage your Facebook Business Manager account, then click Next.
- Enter your business details: Address, Phone number, and website. You’ll also need
to specify for which reason your using business manager account such as to promote
your own business, or to provide services to other businesses (like an agency). When
you’re finished, click submit.
- Check your email to confirm the email address
Step 2: – Add your Facebook business pages.
- Go to dashboard in business manager, click Add Page. Then, in the pop-up box, click
Add Page again
- When you type the name of your Facebook business page in the text box. Your
business page name should auto complete below, so you can just click on it. Then
click on Add page. Assuming you have administrator access to the page you’re trying
to add, your request will be approved automatically.
- If your Facebook account page is associated with more than one business, add the
remaining pages by following the same steps.
Step 3: – Add your Facebook Ads account.
Note that once you Add your Facebook Ad account to your Facebook business manager,
you can’t remove it so, please make sure that you will add your own accounts and you are
the owner of the account. To access your client account, click Request Access instead.
If you’re already using Facebook ads, you can link your existing ad account as follows:
From the Business Manager dashboard, click Add Ad account, then Add Ad account again
and then enter the ad account ID, which you can find in Ads Manager.
If you don’t have a Facebook ads account, here’s how to set up
- From the Business Manager dashboard, click Add Ad account, then Create Accoun
- Enter your account details and click on next.
- Indicate that you are using the ad account for your business, then click on create
Each business can create one ad account only. Once you are actively spending money in your
first ad account, you will be able to add more based on your advertising spend. There will not
be any option to request more ad accounts.
Step 4: – Add people to help you manage your Facebook assets.
Facebook Business Manager allows you to add team members so you can have a whole group
of people who are working together on your Facebook business page and ad Campaigns.
How to add people.
- From Business Manager dashboard, Click Add people.
- After adding you will get the pop-up box, enter the business email address of a team
member you want to add. This might include employees, Freelance contractors, or
business partners, in this step, you are specifically adding individuals, rather than an
agency or another business.
Step 5: – Now you can connect your Business partners or Ad agencies.
- This step may not be applicable to you if you’re just getting started with Facebook
advertising, but you can always come back to this step later based on your requirement.
- From your Business Manager dashboard, click Business Settings at the top right corner. In
the left menu, click the partners. under the partner “to share assets with” click Add.
- .Your partner must have an existing business manager ID. That business Id they can find it in
their own business manager under the business settings >>Business Info then enter the ID
and click Add.
Step 6: – Add your Instagram account
Finally, you’ve got your Facebook assets set up, you can connect your Instagram account to
your Facebook Business Manger as well.
From your Business manager dashboard click business settings at the top right corner and in
the left column, click Instagram accounts, then click Add. then in the pop-up box, enter your
Instagram login information and click login.
Step 7: – Setup Facebook Pixel
What is Facebook Pixel?
Put simply, it’s a small bit of code that Facebook generates for you. When you place this code
on your website, it gives you access to information that will allow you to track conversions,
optimize Facebook ads, build targeted audiences for your ads, and remarket to leads.
We recommend setting up your Facebook pixel right away, even if you’re not ready to start
your first ad campaign yet, because the information it provides now will be valuable when
you are ready to start advertising.
- From your Business Manager dashboard, click Business Settings. In the left column,
expand the Data Sources menu and click Pixels, then click Add. Enter a name (up to 50
characters) for your pixel. Enter your website so Facebook can provide the best
recommendations for how to set up your pixel, then click Continue. When you click
Continue, you are agreeing to the pixel terms and conditions, so you should read
those before you go any further.
- Click setup the Pixel Now.
- Follow the instructions given in Facebook guide to get the pixel set up on your
website and start collecting data.
You can create up to 10 pixels with your Business Manager.
Step 8: – Increase Security on your account
One of the advantages of using Facebook Business Manager is that it offers extra security for
your business assets.
From the Business Manager dashboard, click on business settings in the left menu,
click Security Centre. Set up two-factor authentication. Setting it as “Required for
Everyone” offers the highest security.
Follow this page for my next Blog. I will be explaining how to create your first Campaign and
to place your first ad.